Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WEDDING SEASON IS COMING!


I'm sure at this point, you have found yourself invited to at least wedding for this coming spring and summer seasons, and if you haven't yet… you know it's coming soon. I don't know anyone who doesn't like a good wedding. Now, don't get me wrong. Not all weddings are good weddings. This little known fact, that all weddings aren't good weddings, got me thinking about my future wedding. The think led me to Pinterest, which led me to a world of ideas (I am very new to the Pinterest world, holy wow.) From looking through dresses (which is a fashionistas passion), to looking at different venues I realized just how very many options you have when you're getting ready to tie the knot. You would think finding someone to spend your life with would be the hard part, but this search has got me convinced other wise. I've decided that I need three things at my wedding and the rest is really indifferent.


      1.   I want to be able to wear whatever the heck I want.

I have watched dress show after dress show, let me say now to the future people going to shop for a dress with me::: If I like it, I really  don't care if you do. I'm pretty aware I have a distinct style, so I'm pretty certain that will follow me to my wedding. And lets get this out now,  there is such a thing as a preppy wedding dress just FYI.


      2. There MUST be a chandelier. no exceptions.

I know this sounds kinda crazy and like a little much but it's me. I don't care where I get married at all. I am the girl that could get married at a country club and love it or I could get married down by the river or in a field and love it. Heck, I could have a circus themed wedding (on Pinterest) and love it. All I ask is we fit a chandelier into the venue somehow. They are just fabulous and don't get enough credit for how much they can just instantly spice up a scene.


      3. CAKE. We will have good cake.
Now, this is the last requirement but, certainly not the least. Actually, this may be one of the most important factors. I am in a very deep love relationship with cake. (I've been on a diet and felt like Ive been cheating on it lately… it's pretty sad). The facts are, we all know people that go to a wedding for one reason… the cake. Let's not lie to ourselves, we've all been that person that went only because there would be cake. So, why on earth would you want to have anything besides the ABSOLUTE BEST cake. I mean, after all this is a celebration of the rest of your life! You deserve amazing cake… YOU MADE IT!

I think my three requirements are pretty manageable for my future husband. Speaking of him, I'm going to give some heads up to when it comes to proposal time. The given is obviously, you need to talk to my dad… but then. Please oh please have something ready for me with whatever my new monogram will be. Also, I've learned in the past (and was reminded by Pinterest) that there is A LOT of etiquette that has to be dealt with when planning a wedding, you might have a book like that ready for me too. I'm going to want to start planning right away. Goodness, I want to start planning now, and I don't even know who I'm going to get married to!

As you go into this fun season of weddings, I hope you can think of this little blog. Remember how much work and love went into the weddings you're going to. Remember, it's time to celebrate and eat cake! Remember to say a quick prayer for the couple and maybe eat another piece of cake.

For any of you brides, ready to rip your hair out because the planning process is stressful to the max… Remember, you just need 3 things and there is always a reason to have a cake tasting.

HAPPY WEDDING SEASON PEOPLE!!!



(google image)

No comments:

Post a Comment