Thursday, February 5, 2015

Give A Little Get A Lot

So, it's February. Which means, an obvious post on love is required. Love's a pretty difficult thing, no one really deals with it the same way, yet at some point in your life there is a pretty good chance that you can say you have fallen in love. Wether you are in a romantic relationship or just in a friendship it is important to know how you show and receive love. I ask some the people closest to me, to take a love language quiz to see just how different they give and receive. 







ADAM  Adam is all about making sure he gets his time in and does something for you. If you're one of Adam's loved ones you understand that he wants to make sure you are having a good time. Even if it is just at a party, Adam will make sure you have a drink. Anyway he can show you you're important by getting you something, he will do it no matter the expense. On the flip, Adam feels most loved during time spent with him and when loved ones go out of their way to do something for Adam. If I ever want to make Adams day, I know clearing time out to grab a board game and some friends is just what I need to do. This test did a pretty good job on my life long pal, I have to say.






                                                                                               
        ISAAC
  Isaac gives to show he cares. He would rather make you a CD that he spent hours on making sure it had the perfect tracks than watch movies all day. It would be easy for me to think Isaac hated my guts if I didn't know this about him… I would just think he made me CDs because he had a bunch of extras and he didn't want to watch movies ever because why would he want to spend time with me? The other important side, is that Isaac feels loved when someone puts effort into a gift for him. Buying this kid his favorite cupcake could make his day. For the most part, this test was pretty accurate for this gift giving guy.




MICHAEL
Michael's top score was acts of service. While I personally feel he is more of a quality time guy, He without a doubt will go out of his way to do something that needs to be done for his loved one. Michael  is the guy that shows love by cleaning a house if he sees it needs to be done, or washing a car. He is giving away his time to help get something done for someone he loves. ON THE FLIP: If you want to show him you care… do his laundry, help him with his cars, find something that needs to be done and lighten the load. Acts of service are about giving your time and doing something for that person. Michael may not have taken the test too seriously, though it want too far off from how I see him.


           TORI While I would be taken away if someone decided that they were just going to go wash my jeep, I would rather have a movie marathon just about any day. I am the girl that can never get enough time with my loved ones, and saying goodbye is never easy. I will be gone 3 days, 1 week, or 1 month, and the goodbye is all the same. I feel like I am missing out on their lives and I hate it. I show love by wanting to spend lots of time with you, which I am confident becomes overbearing at times. I know that with practices makes perfect so the more time you spend with someone the stronger of a bond you have with them. I also show love through touch, and yes while romantic touching is fun that is not the only way to show love through touch. If I am close with you, you are likely to get hit often, get extensive hugs, and pretty much just always having someone right beside you ready to hold your hand. Hey, sorry if I love you… you're going to have to deal with touching.

The thing is, understanding how different people give and receive helps better each relationship. When you can get into the a relationship where it isn't focused on what the other person can do for you, but what you can do for the other person… you are really in it for something more than what most people are used to. You are in it for love, and showing that person love in a language they can understand is important. It's important to know not only how the hear "i love you" but also how they do not. I encourage you to go take the test we all took and see where it says you stand. You may not agree 100% with the results but it will for sure give you an idea of why it is going to watch a movie is your favorite thing OR your absolute least favorite thing. I mean, it is February  don't you want to show your boo that you love them, in a way they will actually hear this V-day? What's you language?


Give a little effort to understand, Get A Lot more out of your relationships.



Special shout out to my boys for taking the test I sent to you just for me to blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment