Thursday, November 14, 2013

Its November Guys.

So this week I got a job. One of my roommates moved into the house so we can have more room in ours. Relationships are rekindling and ending. Matt Chandler spoke at chapel. Shay Robbins taught class. We had an econ test. My car looked like an ice cube. I almost froze to death, walking to my car. There was conflict, it was resolved. It didn’t pass 50 degrees all week. I made plans, they fell through. Maria and I went through the festival of lights. An old lady feel at the landing and the ambulance was there. This week, I lived in Branson MO.

Well, as you can see it has been an eventful week.  Shay Robbins spoke about intimacy with God all week. I loved that he wrote titles of some of his life stories that at any moment we could ask about, and he would tell them. (that help stay focused) Shay helped make some connections. He also didn’t baby us and give us notes, so we truly had to listen to get notes that would be efficient for later in our life.

It has been terribly cold here, and I am from Missouri. The first couple weeks are the weeks that are shockers even to us Missourians. When you walk outside in the morning and you have to catch your breath because the air knocks the wind out of you is pretty intense.  Walking up the hill to the parking lots is what really gets you though.  Pretty much feels like death. That is the point where you become very thankful that you are blessed with a coat on your back and a car that you can be walking to that can warm you up.

Tonight,  I had plans that happened to fall through. My roommate Maria decided that we were going through the 2.5 mile trail of lights to cheer me up. Pretty much the funniest thing ever. As we were driving through Branson we passed just about as many grey hairs as we possibly could. It was adorable to see all the old couples holding hands.

Living in Branson, we are surrounded by old folks that are so precious to watch. If your thinking about coming to Link Year next year, I would have to say that if you like people watching, this is the place for you! Next a dull moment!

We are doing all kinds of stuff for Christmas and I’m so excited about that! I love Christmas! But It’s  November guys.

Count down to the turkey trot begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment