Thursday, October 3, 2013

Impactful week at the link

This week started off so fun! I had my bestfriend come this weekend and stay in the dorm! I loved having her her, not just because I have misses her but because I wanted her to see what Link year really was! I think a lot of people have this impression of Link Year being extremely legalistic and only about tees rules with no fun or freedom. I hate feeling like I am chained down, and before I got here I had several people putting it in my mind that Link Year was going to be just that. This week I've completely come to grasp that this program is nothing but a freeing experience. The rules we have aren't to make us all feel chained but to help us become accountable to be free in Christ. Being able to realize that has really opened my eyes to so many different things! 

Monday: We had our first precept study due! Everyone was really nervous about how to do it or if they had enough, or even the right answers, but that I would say is pretty common just because it was our first real grade. 

Tuesday - Thursday: D.A. Hortan came to speak. He is a very powerful speaker and makes the word replicant to your life. D.A. spoke about things that as believers we needed to truly understand, such as. What sin is, in our own life and in others. With the the acronym g.r.a.c.e. He explained the trinity in a whole new level than I have ever heard explained. He helped unpack some tough questions that some people don't always like the biblical answer to, but helped us understand that in the end do we care more about their feeling right now or their eternal well being? D.A. Shared with is about his past, growin up in what I would consider the hood and how Jesus completly rocked his world. D.A., shared about his smoking in the past and how he continues it through some of his immature faith. He continued to share the transformation God had on His life and the conviction He put D.A. through. Having friends that have such a simalar life style to what D.A. had, him coming to speak was such a blessing. Not only did I get an insight on things I needed to better understand as a Christian, but I also received a load of hope. The Lord was able to bring D.A. out of the drugs and out of the crime, and truly anything that D.A. got himself into. 

Not only did D.A. come to talk this week but we also we surprised by the one and only Tedashii and his lovely wife Danielle! The girls got to spend some great devrion time with Danielle and hear what he had to say about truly believing that God cares. This week at Link Year has been fantastic, and I can't wait to share the oncoming weeks! And who knows, maybe I will have daily post sometime in the future! 

Keep reading! Link Life Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment